Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

cloud upload upside down - how to rotate?

[ New ]

Hi, got a new Hero 9 black,

I finally got vidoes to auto upload but they're showing upside down.  I found how to rotate them in the app, but not the cloud storage.  Even tried downloading quick for desktop, but I cannot rotate the videos there either.  Any tips or ways to ge this to work?  seems like this should be intuitive but it's not.

thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: cloud upload upside down - how to rotate?

[ New ]
Hi,

At the moment the Cloud only stores original / raw media, edits are not sent back to the Cloud for now. This is something we are looking at for future development.
If you really want to sent this media back you can save it to your phone, then in the app choose Phone Tab, select it with others you may have modified, sent to Mural. Media sent to Mural are then added to your App Tab which are then sent to the Cloud.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nwtraveller ,

Was the file originally recorded upside down?

How are the files when played back on the camera?

Thanks!

Jovieganda01

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @nwtraveller. Rotating videos on the GoPro cloud isn't currently a feature. You can download the videos locally to the app so you can rotate them.

Anyhow, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with the service. We'll relay the details to our team.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez so after I download and rotate, can i save them back up to my cloud /GoPro subscription and replace? 

Also what Windows app do I use if i don't want to use my phone?  It looks like desktop editing software is no longer supported?

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

At the moment the Cloud only stores original / raw media, edits are not sent back to the Cloud for now. This is something we are looking at for future development.
If you really want to sent this media back you can save it to your phone, then in the app choose Phone Tab, select it with others you may have modified, sent to Mural. Media sent to Mural are then added to your App Tab which are then sent to the Cloud.