Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

cant render 360 on android phone or samsung tablet

Hi trying to render a 360 video but just say there a problem rendering your video.

both running the latest android...

need help or gopro max is no good to me

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: cant render 360 on android phone or samsung tablet

Hi @tonyb18185

What phone are you using?

Do you have the latest version of the GoPro app? GoPro Mobile Apps Compatibility

Please go over the information on 360 Media Support in the GoPro App

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi I have a honor x9 that runs android 9 and has 4gb ram so it meets the requirements.

All is up to date so I'm lost at the moment.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @tonyb18185. Please keep in mind that, particularly on Android, other factors present on the device can affect performance, even when recommended hardware requirements are met. To further isolate the issue, will you be able to test using a different device? Unfortunately, the latest version of the GoPro App does not support Android tablets. See GoPro Mobile Apps Compatibility for reference. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply but it a shame as when you buy the camera it too late even when you look at the page before you buy to make sure it should be ok... but gopro customer service has been excellent trying to help me out.. Hope they can sort it out 🤞🤞🤞
Highlighted
GoPro

For our 360 Users we have found that rendering will work best with high end chipsets such as Snapdragon 865, Exynos 980, and Kirin 990.

The Huawei Honor 9x is using the Kirin 710F. The Honor 8 actually runs the Kirin 950, which, although slow at points, does successfully render the video.