Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Anonymous

cannot preview video or photo on my apple watch

[ Edited ]

I have an Hero+ and installed the last GoPro App on my Iphone 7. It works fine with my iphone.

I have an Apple watch 2 and try to use the app on it.

I can control the camera with the watch (select video, or photo) but when I want to see a preview on the second screen on my watch I cannot see any image (just a blue circle...).

Have you any idea of the problem ?

Highlighted
Nomad
Nomad

Re: cannot preview video or photo on my apple watch

After the latest update I had the same problem.

I have an iphone 6 and an Apple Watch 2. Both could control and preview my Hero5 Session.

After the last update the Apple Watch could control/change the shooting mode but when I tried to preview, all I got was a blue circle and no preview.

I removed the app from the watch ( using the watch app on the phone ) and then reinstalled the Gopro app onto the watch. This sorted the issue and preview now shows on the watch.

Your experience may differ as you have a Hero+ and I have a Session 5 but it worked for me.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you for your answer.

I tried your suggestion :  desinstallation and reinstallation of the app, but the problem is still remaining. When I am on the "Frame shot" screen on the watch I still only have a flashing blue circle and the preview dosen't start...

My watch OS version is 3.2.3 and iOS 10.3.3

Highlighted
Nomad
Nomad

Update

After an initial successful reinstall and preview working, subsequent testing has thrown up :-

• the same issue with preview not working
  • in addition, scrolling through to change the photo/video modes on the watch doesn't always get transmitted to the gopro. so the watch can show take a photo, you press it and it takes a video

I will keep on trying it out but it looks as if the phone part of the app is OK but the Watch part doesn't seem to be working properly.

Unfortunately, software bugs/faults seem to be quite common with GoPro recently and it's a shame as it lets down what could be a really good overall experience.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Highlighted
Anonymous

I removed and reinstalled the app on the watch 2, and now works well. Thank you for the help.

Highlighted
Sightseer

The reinstall of the app on the watch (Series 1) solved the issue for me as well.

Awesome feature to have controls and preview on the watch!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Update
It worked for one or two days and then it stopped working again