11-10-2017 04:43 PM
I’m currently having the same issues with my Apple Watch Series 2 and my Hero 6 Black. Specifically the “Frame Shot” function to preview the live feed. I was able to use it with my Hero 4 Silver, but now I get nothing. Just a moving loading dot and “starting preview”. This applies to all resolutions for video and stills. I’ve removed the GoPro app from the watch and added it back but I’m getting nothing. I’ve also totally reset my Apple Watch, and Hero 6 both to factory settings and I️ still just get the bouncing dots. I️ can start/stop/control the hero 6, but the frame shot/live feed preview doesn’t work.
03-29-2018 06:43 AM
I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating. I've uninstalled/installed the app more times than I care to count. It usually works for a while, then stops.
Seems to work fine with the iPhone 7, but my Apple Watch series 3 w/cellular will not consistently connect for the preview. It's very frustrating as I was looking forward to that feature when capturing video in the field.
I hope there's an app update soon.
05-08-2018 08:37 AM
Have you been able to try out the recommended steps above? Also see of the steps to fix here will help resolve the issue. Alternatively, you can also get in touch with our Support team for a more personalized support. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
05-08-2018 09:23 AM - edited 05-08-2018 09:25 AM
The situation has not changed since my original post in August of 2017.
I have deleted and downloaded both the GoPro app AND the watch app numerous times with exactly the same result .....
- The Gopro app on the phone works perfectly.
- after deleting and reinstalling the app on the watch, it works initially ( able to preview and change modes )
- After a few days, when using it again, on the watch app the preview function just displays a bouncing blue circle and never displays a preview although you can change modes - though even this is a bit glitchy, only changing down the modes, not back again
It would seem that the connection between the watch and the phone for this function fails after one usage. This has not changed in any of the numerous updates despite me sending a bug message to the technical team.
Please pass this on to the software team, I'm sure one of them will have an Apple Watch available to check / test / update software / retest.
There's a lot of frustrated Gopro/Watch users out there who really want to get this part of the software working again as it's one of the (potentially) most awesome features og the GoPro ecosystem.
GoPro Session 5 / iPhone 8
06-02-2018 06:21 AM
Similar issue happens with my devices.
I have an iPhone X paired with GoPro Hero 4 and live preview always fails.
But worst than that is an existing bug when changing the shooting modes:
- Pair iPhone + GoPro with wifi
- Turn on GoPro Apple Watch App
- (BUG) scroll to VIDEO mode and you cannot select anymore Photo Mode
- shutdown GoPro Apple Watch App
- Turn on GoPro Apple Watch App (again)
- (BUG) scroll to ANY other mode (excluding VIDEO) and you can now select Photo Mode but never again VIDEO mode!
Seems that there is a bug while calculating the indexes of the menus!
Would be awesome if you could have this fixed. It is really a shame to not trust on the GoPro Apple Watch App while scrolling (because if I am remotely changing the modes I never now which one is really on), and have it as a useless app! =/
I hope this helps.
Looking forward to hear from GoPro team.