Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

can you pair gopro 7 with galaxy s7

Can I use mu galaxy S7 as a moniter with my gopro hero 7 black with bluetooth if so how, as I can pair but no video on my phone.

regards Alan

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: can you pair gopro 7 with galaxy s7

The phone must be paired via Wi-Fi. The Bluetooth connection is only used to establish the connection, it is then handed over to Wi-Fi. You must go through the app to create the connection. Turn on your camera and make sure connections are turned on. Open the app on your phone. Under connections on the camera, select add new device. Once you've done this, press the (+) to allow the app to find your phone. Your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth need to turned on in your phone. If the app doesn't automatically find your camera it will give you the option to select it from a list.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, yes done all that pairs OK   but can not get a video picture  on my phone .

Alan

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Bonjour,

Je me permets de m'insérer dans les échanges car j'ai le même problème mais sur un galaxy A50 (android v9.0)/Gopro 7. Aucune image ne s'affiche sur le téléphone. Au niveau de la connexion bluetooth, tout est ok. Par contre, sur la connexion wifi, je ne vois pas la GoPro.

En fait, une fois que la connexion bluetooth est établie (indiquée aussi sur la GoPro),l'application reste figée sur connexion en cours. Je pense qu'il s'agit de la partie wifi qui ne se fait pas. Le wifi est bien activé et si je lance un scan des points wifi, je ne vois pas le gopro.

Si vous avez une idée, je suis preneur, je continue à chercher.

Merci

Stéphane.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re,

Je viens de faire le test sur un iphone 6 et tout est ok, avec le même mode opération.

Stéphane.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @stoutflame74182. What do you get instead of the videos or photos? When the camera and the phone successfully pairs, do you see what the camera sees like a preview on the GoPro App screen? If you do, press on the grid icon (the one with the 9 little boxes) to view your media. This means you will be able to see on the app the photos and videos that you have on the SD card in the camera even before saving them to the app.

If you are looking for the files through your phone's local gallery or photo app, make sure that you have saved them first. Check the instructions here How to View, Copy, and Delete Media Using the GoPro App. Let us know how it goes. Feel free to post back for further questions/concerns. Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @bernards66. Thank you for the details that you provided. Are you able to manually input the camera's Wi-Fi name and password on your A50's Wi-Fi connection settings? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello mariustanya,
Thank you for your post. Yes i can put manually wi-fi name and password. Can you confirm me that wifi identifier is the name of the gopro ? thanks.
For information: on one of my tests, I saw the wifi identifier of the gopro appear but very quickly.