Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

bug report - exposure correction still not working correctly in GoPro app 5.0.1 for iOS

There have been several app/camera updates now but Protune flat exposure correction is still not working correctly what is a bad thing!
Exposure correction can only be set in 1EV steps instead of 0.5EV steps.
The Android app is working correctly, also the camera allows 0.5EV steps.

Please fix this, it has been faulty for a very long time now and happens at least with all the cameras I use (2x HERO7 Black, HERO6 Black and HERO5 Session).
I´m currently using the 5.0.1 iOS app on an iPhone X/256 running iOS 12.0.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: bug report - exposure correction still not working correctly in GoPro app 5.0.1 for iOS

Hi @rong975

I have just tested an iPhone6 with a HERO7 Black and a HERO6 Black and was able to change EV by 0.5 increments.

Have you tried uninstalling the app and installing it again?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: bug report - exposure correction still not working correctly in GoPro app 5.0.1 for iOS

I tried that on Photokina with a Gopro rep on his iPhone X and it didn‘t work. When I still had an iPhone 6s it also didn‘t work, that‘s about one year ago now.
Somebody mentioned before that the German version may be the reason. Nonetheless the Gopro rep‘s mobile wasn‘t German iOS.
Highlighted
Hiker

For me only -0.5, -1.5, -2 and 0.5, 1.5 and 2.0 is possible, but not 0.0, -1.0 and 1.0.
Highlighted
Hiker

Any news on this?!

Here I made a short video that shows the bug:
https://youtu.be/ZONEwsgUTkc
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rong975

Have you tried manually updating the firmware of your camera?

I am currently trying it and it's working. 

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app as well.

Thanks,

-Jay

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Jay,
yes, I already did the manual FW update because of the manual whitebalance preset bug the HERO7 Black currently has in Protune flat (red becomes orange after applying a WB preset) but the update doesn‘t help.

The bug appears on three systems (iPhoneX and iPad Pro 9.7) on different iOS versions, also on a second iPhoneX running iOS12.0.
This also happend on my former iPhone 6s with different iOS versions and also happens with my HERO6 Black and HERO5 Session.

The exposure correction bug only happens using the (iOS) app. On the camera(s) itself 0.5EV increments are possible.

I also had a visit on your Photokina booth this year and met M.C. of your team. He was also able to reproduce this bug.
Highlighted
GoPro

Got it @rong975,

Let's try to gather more details.

Do you know someone who has a GoPro HERO7 as well? 

Let's check if this is a camera or an app issue specifically german version. 

I tried multiple cameras and phone but I was able to set EV. 

I'll try to switch to german and will let you know. 

Regards,

-Jay