Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

app crash when review

[ New ]

The iOS app crash every time when I try to preview or download this one set of video. EVERYTIME. I hook my go pro max up with my laptop and all the files were not be able to download either. 

ps this clip is reviewable on the gopro Max

GoPro

Re: app crash when review

[ New ]

Hi @yishengr80655 

Sorry about that that.

What device do you have and what OS is on it? You are on GoPro App 6.15 correct?

So you mean that when you try to download from your Max to your GoPro App a particular video (or several?) the app crashes everytime?

Would it work with any other videos? It could be that for some reasons the files in question are corrupt.

One thing you can do also:

try to to download the video, app is crashing, open the app back again, go to Settings, Get Support > send feedback. You can explain what's happening and also tell in the email that you talked to me on the GoPro Forum. We will get the crash report that way.

Thanks,

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @yishengr80655. Our team is looking into this issue. Do you still observe this issue even with the latest version (v6.16) of the GoPro App? If so, will you be able to send us the video file that you are having trouble with? You may send it through a private message to me here, or upload to Dropbox, or Google Drive and send the link. Many thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya : is this issue resolved?

i am also unable to preview or download some 360 videos.

i recorded a video of 1 hour. GoPro saved the entire video as separate clips.i am able to preview and download the first clip. But none of the other.

please let us know how to fix this issue. I am struggling since weeks

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @augustinthomas. We have released a new version of the GoPro App for iOS last week. See if updating to this version will help. After the update, be sure to restart your device before trying the app again. 

On this particular vide that has been chaptered, what do you get when you attempt to download and preview the other chapters? Is there any error message? Does the app crash right away?

Have you been able to check if the same file is accessible/viewable through the GoPro Player

If you still observe this after the update, see if these troubleshooting steps will help. If not, please send feedback through the app as instructed above. Please also provide us the following details: phone model that you are using and the OS it is running on, the version of the app that you have, the resolution settings of the video in question, the file size. These details will help us further isolate the cause of the trouble. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

@yishengr80655 @augustinthomas 

How are things on your end ? We released 6.17 recently. I would suggest after a phone restart to try it out on some brand new footage.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya ,

I use iPad.both GoPro version(1.5) and GoPro app are updated (6.17)

For the video I see around 8 chapters. Out of which I am able to preview 3. 5 chapters are unable to preview.also I cannot save the video.App crashes when I try to preview or save these 5 chapters.everything is fine for the other 3 chapters.

i did replicate the same steps last week and shared the feedback(logfile)

As an additional test I did try the same in iPhone as well.Results are the same.

let me know if you need additional information/ support from me to investigate on this issue.

thanks,

Augustin

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for these details, @augustinthomas. We will share them with the team. By any chance, have you been able to check with the GoPro Player if you are able to playback all parts of the file? Also, do the videos affected share the same resolution settings? Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
Unfortunately i donnot have personal laptop in which i can try with Gopro Player
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks, @augustinthomas. By the way, which resolution settings were used in the video that you have? We will try to replicate the issue and see how it goes. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya 
I don't know how I can check the resolution of video in the GoPro app.

Anyway I don't remember anytime I have changed the setting recently. The video should be 5.6k 30 FPS.

i am absolutely ok to share all the files related to this video with support team (copy from memory card) if that helps to get this issue resolved quickly.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @augustinthomas

To check the file resolution, access the MEDIA tab,

Tap on the file you wish to view.

Then tap on the menu on the upper right-hand side (3 dots).

Select Info then check the Resolution.

You may send us a direct message for the link to the files.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello @aragon1006 ,

I believe it's not possible to check the resolution until the file is downloaded.

one of those files which I was able to download shows the resolution as 3k 60fps.(should be same for others as well).

i will write a direct message as soon as files are uploaded

Thanks ,

Augustin

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello @aragon1006 ,

I have shared link to folder where I have uploaded files which I cannot open in GoPro app as direct message.

i have tried agin after updating software to latest version.Still no success :(

Thanks ,

Augustin