Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: YouTube Live Streaming with Hero 8 not working even with 1000 subs and YT activation green

[ New ]

To bad, don't think GoPro is listening.

Meanwhile I purchased the new Mevo Start, OMG the best streaming camera ever.

I didn't have to do absolutely anything, not the best video quality, but you'll be streaming right out of the box in not time.

Tourist

Re: YouTube Live Streaming with Hero 8 not working even with 1000 subs and YT activation green

[ New ]

Hi,

I decided to open a support ticket with GoPro Support Team today.

After provide some information about my issue, one representative told me about the Youtube (YT) restriction of 1000 subscribers: (one of the URLs which is on the first pages of this thread)
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834 

I explained him that I ran a test using a mobile app called "CameraFi Live" (Android), using the same YT account, and the livestreaming works with no issues.

The case will remain open for investigation but I decide to check this app a little bit more... then I found the url below:
https://www.camerafi.com/how-to-live-stream-on-youtube-with-under-1000-subscribers/

As per the image attached, it seems CameraFi allows the livestreaming, the only restriction is with the "scheduled broadcasts", and then they make reference to same YT url from above: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834 

So, at this point I'm confused... Is the 1k subscribers a restriction just for scheduled broadcasts / events? or a general restriction?. 

- How a mobile app like Camera Fi is allowing the livestreaming on the fly (no scheduled) while my expensive GoPro Hero 8 (+$350) cannot be used for the same purpose?
- Should I have to give up using Youtube for livestreaming? I liked YT because I can share the url with someone else and the content can be easily shared on TV using a Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, you name it... 
- @adorable123  I'm curious about the fact that you said your new cam (Mevo) is allowing the streaming out of the box. Do you have more +1000 followers?. Are you currently using YT?.

cameraFi_live.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

I think if you have made your YouTube channel a "brand" then the streaming will not work.  My Google account is what I use to log into my YouTube channel however because its a branded YouTube acount it has a special account of its own with an email that you can NOT log into or use to setup the streaming with.  I figured this out when I authroized the app to my Google account.  It went to my primary email security settings and not the brand account security settings.

Example:  If you use "TubeBuddy" with your YouTube channel (brand) you will not see that app authroized on your Google account.  You have to go into the security settings of the YouTube channels brand Google account to see it.  If you authroized the GoPro app it will show up on your Google account and not your YouTube channels brand Google account.  All of this is one login.

I don't think there is any way GoPro can actually fix this without intervention from Google if a YouTuber turns their YouTube account into a brand.