05-29-2020 09:52 AM - last edited on 05-29-2020 10:20 AM by aragon1006
Hi, I'm having the same ussue here, just purchased the hero 8 2 weeks ago, to do live stream, but some how it does't do it.
It says it's streaming to youtube, but is nothing coming up on my channel, tried copying the RTM but it does the same.
Tried going live on Vimeo using the RTM and nothing, the only plattafor that goes live, is my facebook.
And please don't tell me that there is a problem with my YouTube or Vimeo, as I livestream to both using a different method.
A helph on this, will be really appreciated, as the camera was purchased to this sole purpuse.
You can reach me directly to: 347-***-***or: ********@HOTMAIL.COM
05-29-2020 10:19 AM
05-31-2020 10:05 PM
I'm facing exactly the same problem with my GoPro: YouTube Live Streaming with Hero 8 is not working at all.
I followed all the steps as per the guide you mentioned:
however, the result is always the same, GoPro shows the "Live" red tag on screen but YouTube is stuck at "upcoming" message on my channel showing no video at all.
- I tried to reset the camera, going back to factory settings. (not only the connections or network settings)
- Uninstalling the GoPro App twice from my mobile.
- Set the right permissions again, data / time settings in place.
- Use 2.4GHz on both sides (camera and app) or 5Ghz wifi channel but it makes no difference.
- Tried to reduce the quality 1080p, 720.
- Tried to choose the "public" option.
- Disable the "preview" option.
- The event or live video is created, listed on my account with the same description as the one from the GoPro App, but it shows no video.
- I tried using RTMP, url like: rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/my-key but the behavior is the same. Live video created is stuck at "upcoming", no video.
- I can do a live using Facebook, works pretty fine, but the image is terrible... please check "Hero 8 Facebook live video defaults to fisheye" below:
I'm not a "influencer" so I thought that probably because I've no a huge number of subscribers YouTube will not allow me to do a live (read a post from @sprystorm60232 on page 4), however I used to do lives with my girlfriend during my trips, so to avoid any issue related with Youtube I put the GoPro out of the equation.
Using CameraFi Live (for Android) on the same mobile where I have GoPro app installed I was able to do a "Live" using the same account, my account, without any issue... and using the same wifi network.
From my perspective, there's something wrong with the app. QA should be able to reproduce this!
Some technical specs:
- GoPro Hero 8: Camera Info menu, version number: v01.60
- GoPro App version 6.13(9053)
- From the App I can see Camera version listed as: HD8.01.01.60.00
- Mobile running Android 10
Please let me know if additional information is required.
I can perform any test you may require Aragon
06-01-2020 06:13 AM
Please let me know, if you find a solution.
06-04-2020 05:55 PM
We have released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.
Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.
Let us know how it goes.