Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: YouTube Live Streaming with Hero 8 not working even with 1000 subs and YT activation green

Thank you for the feedback, @sprystorm60232. The Wide screen field of view is automatically set when live streaming. 

We will pass along to the team the reconnection issue after streaming that you still observe after every live streaming session. We will keep this thread posted. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: YouTube Live Streaming with Hero 8 not working even with 1000 subs and YT activation green

Thanks!

FWIW, the botched lens setting in live stream mode is a known issue, see https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-8-Facebook-live-video-defaults-to-fisheye/td-p/550149.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here...

I don't have more than 1000 subscribers, but it appears as an upcoming event and never uploads the video. I used streamlabs to upload and it worked, It could not be seen live, but the video uploads and then I could show it. I have an Iphone 5s, and a Gopro Hero 8...

Highlighted
Tourist

It seems YouTube disallows live streams from mobile devices for accounts < 1000 subscribers.

I can confirm that live streaming works from the GoPro 8 with Wowza and crowdstream.io.

But what is really annoying are the connection problems after each livestream and the fisheye lens setting that cannot be changed.

Unfortunately no update on these problems (see the other thread at https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-8-Facebook-live-video-defaults-to-fisheye/td-p/550149).

Maybe we have to buy a GoPro 11...

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey guys,

This is really pathetic.

I'm done everything asked and read on this thread to attemp LIVE on YouTube (YT) however im experiencing the exact same issues!

I've done all steps provided includes:

Resets

App upgrades

Firmware is the latest

Attempted YouTube live (got exact same results as Matthias)

Connected via RTMP 

RTMP and YouTube does not work. Whats the go????

Please see attached Screenshot for live stream through Go Pro viewing the OFFLINE YouTube.
I have a PDF showing all steps taken for both YT and RTMP.

Also, side note - facebook live worked fine.....?!?!?!

Ps. another side note Go Pro.... you allow jpg upload, but not jpeg upload. Do you enjoy bringing further frustration into peoples lives?

How about enabling PDF's so i can properly inform you as you request. One image ain't gonna cut it, will it?

Image.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @skigardner164. There are detailed instructions here that you may refer to.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Mariustanya,

I’ve send those instructions and all the other ones on here, and followed them.

Still does not work.

What should I do with my Go Pros?

This is really disappointing.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @skigardner164

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej