Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: YouTube Live Streaming with Hero 8 not working even with 1000 subs and YT activation green

Hello everybody,

Any development regarding this topic?

I am facing with the same issue, and there is no official response or solution in relation to this topic.

I thought maybe the new firmware will solve this, but nothing happened.

Already tested on different devices (Iphone, Ipad) at different times and different YT accounts.

Waiting for support,

Peter

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: YouTube Live Streaming with Hero 8 not working even with 1000 subs and YT activation green

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @barany35. Have you been able to try out the workaround provided by @aarlekk above? How did it go?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi!

Sorry to hear that you’re facing this. Usually, this shouldn’t be a problem with the GoPro App on the iPhone. Even I want to know the solution now as I was planning to get Hero 8 too. But I want to know if this is an issue for iOS apps or what!

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@barany35 - on Page 1 of this thread i provided some potential solutions for this issue.

I tried livestreaming using 4 different youtube accounts on 4 different iOS devices using 4 different iOS versions. It works as intended.

If you guys expect help, be so kind to provide to us as much info as possible, so we can pick it up from there. 

In order to particularly address your problem, a screencast of your issue would be kindly welcomed, in order for us to see what's happening, and where can we go from there.

Please give us a video, or a set of steps to follow that would most likely help us encounter your issue. 

Don't forget:
- Device restart
- App reinstall
- Confirm Youtube Permissions on GoPro App
- Camera Date and Time set correctly [Camera Preview Screen > Settings > Set Date and Time]
- Livestreams are set by default for Kids/Non Kids, as youtube might prohibit an external livestream, if not some additional account setup is done beforehand.

Waiting for extra info here, and we'll do our best to make it work again.

Cheers,
aarlekk

Highlighted
Tourist

@aarlekk Thank you very much for your help!
I've already tried a lot of things what you mentioned, but I'll do the rest.
On the weekend I'll try it again and give you all the necessary informations about the issue.

I really appreciate your efforts.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, I have at the same problem. At this moment is streaming from my camera Gopro8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwQj0cVUzA
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, that seems to be the same problem. Unfortunately I had no time to gather the infos and deal with the problem, but please inform us if you find a solution.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @tripiopl

Were only seeing one subscriber for the account associated to the link you have shared.

Thanks!

Ej