Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Wrong date and App won't see new video (Hero 7 Black)

I recorded some video this morning. Opened my android phone app to transfer new video. The phone app states there is none. 

I can view the video on the camera and it has the correct date - 11/21/20.

Went on-line and read suggestion to see if I can transfer video to desktop app (GoPro Quik). The files transferred but under the date of Jan 1, 2016. WTF?

Read another suggestion to reinstall the phone app. After reinstalling, I not only LOST all my saved videos, but it still does not see the 3 new ones on my phone.

Extremely frustrated and angry!

Help.....anyone....please?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wrong date and App won't see new video (Hero 7 Black)

Hi @vincep572

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Reinstalling the app will also delete the data/files saved.

Make sure to save/back up the files before proceeding.

Date reset usually happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed.

While the camera is paired with the app, scroll down all the way to the bottom of the Media page.to check on the missing files.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @vincep572

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Reinstalling the app will also delete the data/files saved.

Make sure to save/back up the files before proceeding.

Date reset usually happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed.

While the camera is paired with the app, scroll down all the way to the bottom of the Media page.to check on the missing files.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
GoPro

@vincep572

When looking at your "Camera media" via the GoPro app, there are three filters on top of your screen:
Capture date / recently modified / file size.
You can use this filter to find the media you have recently offloaded rom your camera.