Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Wrong date and App won't see new video (Hero 7 Black)

[ New ]

I recorded some video this morning. Opened my android phone app to transfer new video. The phone app states there is none. 

I can view the video on the camera and it has the correct date - 11/21/20.

Went on-line and read suggestion to see if I can transfer video to desktop app (GoPro Quik). The files transferred but under the date of Jan 1, 2016. WTF?

Read another suggestion to reinstall the phone app. After reinstalling, I not only LOST all my saved videos, but it still does not see the 3 new ones on my phone.

Extremely frustrated and angry!

Help.....anyone....please?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Wrong date and App won't see new video (Hero 7 Black)

[ New ]

Hi @vincep572

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Reinstalling the app will also delete the data/files saved.

Make sure to save/back up the files before proceeding.

Date reset usually happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed.

While the camera is paired with the app, scroll down all the way to the bottom of the Media page.to check on the missing files.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vincep572

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Reinstalling the app will also delete the data/files saved.

Make sure to save/back up the files before proceeding.

Date reset usually happens when the camera has not been used for some time or if the battery has been removed.

While the camera is paired with the app, scroll down all the way to the bottom of the Media page.to check on the missing files.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]
@vincep572

When looking at your "Camera media" via the GoPro app, there are three filters on top of your screen:
Capture date / recently modified / file size.
You can use this filter to find the media you have recently offloaded rom your camera.
Tourist

[ New ]

So every time I take the battery out, I am going to risk this issue? That does not make sense to me. So every time I go to use my camera, I will have to pretend it's the very first time and set of date/time. 

That takes care of issue #1, now issue #2 is that the app doesn't 'see' the new videos, even though they are on the camera. It sucks that I read on another forum to just reinstall the app. Nothing about backing up the files. I lost about 30 great videos that were in my app. What is the fix for the app not seeing the videos? 

Tourist

[ New ]
I can find the video's on the SD card (in the camera). But when I open the phone app (android), it says that there are no new files to download, even though there are 5 new ones.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

If the camera stays too long without having a battery, yes the date will be reset. But when you turn the camera on, it will display a message saying that you need to update the date.

If you got a message saying : no new files to download - Can you try to check manually in the camera roll - instead of the auto-offload.
Connect your app to your camera, once connected tap on VIEW MEDIA, which can be found right under CONTROL GOPRO.
From there you can check and select manually media to be downloaded to your app.