Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Wrong Camera Icon

[ New ]

ok I will try this now and let you know .. but for your info, the latest ios GoPro App in the appstore is : 6.11 

Hiker

[ New ]

I followed all the instructions but with no luck .. same result with the wrong cam photo icon..

GoPro

[ New ]

@gopyro, gotcha. Yes, GoPro App for iOS should be version 6.11. Sorry for the confusion, the 6.12 version was made available for Android recently.

I appreciate you going through the suggested steps. Let me just share these details with the team in charge so we can look further into this. I'll keep you posted as soon as I have new information available.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gopyro! We've recently released version 6.13 of the GoPro App in iOS. Please make sure that you have the latest version installed.

Once the app is updated, try resetting the connections one more time following the steps here:

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here

Let me know how it goes.

Hiker

[ New ]

I just updated the app and followed the steps .. but still no luck, i still have the wrong camera icon.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gopyro

Would you be able to pair the camera with another phone?

This is just to help isolate the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Just downloaded the app and paired the cam on my son's iPhone and the same wrong camera icon was on his app too. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @gopyro. We will share this with the team and keep you updated through this thread.