Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Wrong Camera Icon

[ New ]

The GoPro App for IOS is showing me a silver Hero4 cam (icon) instead of my hero session4 icon like it use to be in the past although i haven't change my camera, i tried to remove the camera from the app and pair it again (as old or as new) but still the app shows this silver hero4 camera icon.IMG_2031.png

GoPro

Re: Wrong Camera Icon

[ New ]

@gopyro, you have to select "HERO Session" in the camera list. HERO4 Session and HERO Session are the same.

Hiker

[ New ]
This what I do every time I try to re-pair my came, every time I select session from from the list and when the setup is finished I end up with this icon on the app
GoPro

[ New ]

@gopyro, try the following steps accordingly:

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here
Hiker

[ New ]

Same result, the same camera icon is there .. i used to have the right icon before and i don't know if this an app bug or what.

GoPro

[ New ]

@gopyro, this is strange. Please be sure to have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your mobile device. We'd like to gather a few more info. Could you please share with us a screen recording or video showing the issue? You can upload the footage to your Dropbox or Google drive and provide us the shared link so we can look into the details here.

Hiker

[ New ]
As you will see in the link below I removed the cam from the Bluetooth & WiFi from my mobile and also removed it from the GoPro app, and when I added it as new cam I have chosen the hero session, you will notice that after I finish setting up the cam on the app that the I on that represent my cam is the icon of the hero 4 and not hero session.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i36tvyfke4yg8dk/RPReplay_Final1589998993.MP4?dl=0
GoPro

[ New ]

@gopyro, we appreciate you sharing with us the video. We just tested this out and the app added the HERO/HERO4 Session with the appropriate camera image.

Please make sure that you have GoPro App version 6.12 installed. Additionally, try to reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here. Then delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings again before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro. Let us know how it goes.