Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Wondering if Quik for phone may be installable on the newest M1 macbook devices by apple

[ New ]

The Quik (editor) App for Android (guess for iOS too) is so powerful that I barely use any other video editor. However, my android struggles when putting together footages from several months. Surely, the RAM and CPU set won't suffice for the purpose l

Sooo, now I am wondering if the latest M1 chipset by apple should be truly capable of running any iOS app, I seem to be able to install and utilize the iOS Quik app on my Macbook Air M1. Theoritically, I'd only need a proper installer file to give it a try.

Any experiences so far? Is my theory wrong? :)

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Wondering if Quik for phone may be installable on the newest M1 macbook devices by apple

[ New ]

They have to enable the app to install on those devices in apple connect.  Some developers turned the function off.

View solution in original post

GoPro

Re: Wondering if Quik for phone may be installable on the newest M1 macbook devices by apple

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that but GoPro App / Quik App isn't supported on M1 for now.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

They have to enable the app to install on those devices in apple connect.  Some developers turned the function off.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that but GoPro App / Quik App isn't supported on M1 for now.