Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Wireless Set up

[ New ]

I am trying to wirelessly connect my Hero3+ silver to the mobile app.

The set up keeps asking for a password. The directions note to enter the default camera password 'goprohero' and then change it when prompted. I have tried several versions. I have used:

• goprohero- An error message popped up with the following comment:"Your camera name must be at least 1 character. Your camera password cannot be "goprohero", can contain letters,numbers or only these special characters -_
  • 'goprohero'-A message is displayed noting "the camera password is incorrect. You may have set or changed it from another device. Please enter the password for Conmans Go Pro."

Can someone assist?

Thank You-Marcia

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Wireless Set up

[ New ]

Hello, @marciav3308. Since the camera's Wi-Fi name is customized, it is highly likely that the password has been, too. If you haven't yet, we recommend doing a reset on the Wi-Fi name and password. These steps will guide you through the process. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Wireless Set up

[ New ]

Hello, @marciav3308. Since the camera's Wi-Fi name is customized, it is highly likely that the password has been, too. If you haven't yet, we recommend doing a reset on the Wi-Fi name and password. These steps will guide you through the process. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!