Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Wifi update issue

I recently found my old Hero3 Silver. I can’t remember the wifi passoword and have followed the instrictions on updating it. However, the camera will not update. I’ve tried it several times with no success. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Wifi update issue

Hello @boldwater60115

I gather you have downloaded the UPDATE.zip folder from the website and extracted the UPDATE folder from it? If you have, drag the files inside the extracted UPDATE folder to your formatted SD card. This means the SD card must have only the update files (not folder). Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @boldwater60115

I gather you have downloaded the UPDATE.zip folder from the website and extracted the UPDATE folder from it? If you have, drag the files inside the extracted UPDATE folder to your formatted SD card. This means the SD card must have only the update files (not folder). Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

I was just trying that as I received your notification! It worked like a charm. Thanks for the help!
Highlighted
GoPro

Yay! That is great to hear. Thank you for posting back to share what worked for you. I am glad you can use your camera now. Stay stoked and have fun!

Regards, 
Marius