Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Wifi connection no internet message

[ New ]

WHenever I try to control my Hero 7 Black using the app on a Huawei phone The camera connects but subsequently the connection is interrupted by the OS message "This Wi-Fi network has no Internet Access. Connect anyway?".

Subsequently if you choose connect the video feed stops and does not resume. I've found a workaround which is to go into the settings after the video has stopped and then return to the feed. Nonetheless this is annoying and it would be nice if this message could be disabled.

I have already looked at the Huaqeu specific troubleshooting page and the instructions there are out of date for the current OS release on modern Huawei devices. I am using Emui 10 on a P20 Pro. It's the same on Emui 10 on a P30 pro.

I have already tried disabling wifi+.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Wifi connection no internet message

[ New ]

Hi @adeptsummi1680

Try selecting Cancel when the prompt appears.

I am also using a Huawei phone, but a different model - P30.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @adeptsummi1680. Which version of the GoPro App are you using? Does it matter what activity is done on the app for the pop-up message to appear? If you haven't yet, try restarting your phone and clearing the cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings. If the message continues to show up, choose to not connect, and see if it makes a difference. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

The app version is 6.15.1(9200).

If you choose not to connect it terminates the connection to the camera entirely. Unfortunately none of the suggestions help.

This seems to be an issue that android detects that there is no internet connection on the wifi connection between the camera and the phone and is therefore suggesting switching to another wifi network as it's assuming we are connecting to wifi for the purpose of getting an internet connection rather than a direct device to device connection to transfer data.

This check should really be disabled for this app as it's not doing anything useful.

Tourist

[ New ]

I forgot to mention that this message appears after selecting "control your camera" and the video feed starts.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick response, @adeptsummi1680. It could be also a factor of the specific phone model used. I have tested pairing a HERO7 Black with Samsung devices on Android 10 but the issue is not replicated. Have you always been seeing the pop-up message when you use the app with your camera? Will you be able to send us a screenshot of how it looks like on the app? Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

This appears to happen on all Huawei phones running android 10 that I have access to (P20 pro and P30 Pro).

I have only used the camera for the first time this week an noticed the issue immediately as it makes it very annoying to use the phone app.

Screenshot_20200629_171923_com.android.settings.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Apologies I wrote the incorrect model names it should me Mate 20 pro and P30 pro

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @adeptsummi1680

Try selecting Cancel when the prompt appears.

I am also using a Huawei phone, but a different model - P30.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej