Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

WiFi problem Hero8

As soon as i want to preview the camera stream the wifi connects fine and i can see the preview. Some seconds later there is a popup from androit telling me that this wifi has no internet connection. When i accept this the stream is dead. I could not find a way to disable this. My phone is a huawai p smart 2019 with android 10. a feature where i just could get the wifi conection by choise and not only when i start the preview might help. Thank you for your help in advance! Happy Greetings, yannik
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: WiFi problem Hero8

I have the same issue
Screenshot_20200601_182648_com.android.settings.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @yah27833 @yah27833

Please go over the information below:

Android Specific Tips

Network Rating Provider 
Beginning in Android 8.1, operating systems started to include advanced Wi-Fi settings intended to attribute a quality rating to accessible networks, save your preferred and known connections, and switch you to a stronger one automatically. This feature may cause issues connecting or reconnecting to your GoPro, because it categorizes your camera as a lower-quality access point. In order to remedy this issue, navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi Preferences > Advanced > Network Rating Provider. Select None and attempt to connect/reconnect to your GoPro camera.

Smart Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi+
Similar to Network Rating Provider, some Smart Wi-Fi implementations categorize the Wi-Fi networks broadcast by your GoPro camera as having poor signal. Because of this, certain Smart Wi-Fi features need to be disabled. Follow these instructions to do so:

1. Disable “Smart Network Switch” or “Auto Network Switch” from the phone’s Wi-Fi settings.
  2. Go to: Wi-Fi Settings > Advanced > Disable “Smart Network Switch” or “Auto Network Switch.”

Huawei-Specific Troubleshooting

1. Disable Wi-Fi+ from the device’s Wi-Fi settings screen.
  2. Turn ON location services (GPS) on your phone before connecting your camera.
  3. Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Location Access > Access My Location. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Unfortunately this doesent help. Im in contact with the huawei service team. I can not acess the advanced wifi settings due to emui 10.0? Key problem ist this **bleep** popup...
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Bonjour,  

J'ai partiellement résolu le problème.

Lorsque le "pop-up" apparait, il faut  répondre  "se connecter" après lorsque ça  fige,  cliquer sur le menu des options (clé à molettes) puis bouton "terminer"  en haut à droite. Cela entraine un retour vers l'apercu et cela devient fonctionnel.

Popur info, je suis aussi chez Huawei et la solution précédente n'a  pas fonctionnée non plus.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hello, I partially solved the problem. When the "pop-up" appears, you must answer "connect" after when it freezes, click on the options menu (wrench) then button "finish" at the top right. This leads to a return to the overview and it becomes functional.  

FYI, I'm also at Huawei and the previous solution didn't work either.

-------------------------

Bonjour,

J'ai partiellement résolu le problème.

Lorsque le "pop-up" apparait, il faut répondre "se connecter" après lorsque ça fige, cliquer sur le menu des options (clé à molettes) puis bouton "terminer" en haut à droite. Cela entraine un retour vers l'apercu et cela devient fonctionnel.

Pour info, je suis aussi chez Huawei et la solution précédente n'a pas fonctionnée non plus

@aragon1006  @yah27833 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the workaround! Works fine for me. For sure this has to be fixed, but im happy to finaly use the app as intended.