Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Why the video quality of the gopro app stories look great on my phone but on instagram looks so bad

If it was supposed to be mainly for Instagram stories the gopro app should have an specific export setting that will make the videos look the highest quality possible on IG stories
GoPro

Re: Why the video quality of the gopro app stories look great on my phone but on instagram looks ...

Hi @rockystar72030

You may check this link: Quik for mobile Video Quality on Facebook and YouTube

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

Re: Why the video quality of the gopro app stories look great on my phone but on instagram looks ...

@rockystar72030 

Are you on iPhone or Android?

- On iPhone > the export resolution taken into account is the one you have the most media in > if you have a majority of 1080p/60 files then output will be 1080p/60...

- On Android > the export resolution is 1080p / 60 fps

Also know that two updates will come in the following days 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 bringing lots of bugs fixes. Team is working hard to improve the app step by step :) 

Explorer

@haindash 

Fingers crossed the resolution for Quik Stories in the GoPro App for Android will be improved.  Love the HERO8 and Love the functionality of the GoPro app, but the render quality doesn't do the camera or app any justice.  I just got my HERO8 and tested it out with a little surfing.  On the ten minute drive home all of the media transfered to the app (very cool) and the Quik Story created (super awesome).  I took a few minutes to make some adjustments and then saved/rendered the video to share.  YouTube also does some compression to the video, but the end result looks nothing like the high quality videos I got straight out of the camera.  Still great, but needs some improvement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrs6crrxa4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrs6crrxa4A 

First time using the HERO8. Figured I'd actually test it out doing some action instead of being another boring video of someone walking around and losing the...
Sightseer

Thank you!!