Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Why does my file say mp4, and won t download

[ New ]

My file says mp4 and won’t download 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Why does my file say mp4, and won t download

[ New ]

Hello @snowypeak4034

Are you trying to download media from your GoPro camera to your mobile phone via GoPro App, or a different mobile app like Quik perhaps? If so, would you know what the resolution is of the MP4 files that you are trying to download? Also, what is the operating system of the phone that you are using? Not all resolutions that a GoPro camera offers can be supported by all devices. 

See if the information detailed here will help determine if the files in question can be copied or downloaded or not. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Why does my file say mp4, and won t download

[ New ]

Hello @snowypeak4034

Are you trying to download media from your GoPro camera to your mobile phone via GoPro App, or a different mobile app like Quik perhaps? If so, would you know what the resolution is of the MP4 files that you are trying to download? Also, what is the operating system of the phone that you are using? Not all resolutions that a GoPro camera offers can be supported by all devices. 

See if the information detailed here will help determine if the files in question can be copied or downloaded or not. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. 

Thanks, 
Marius