05-14-2019 12:41 PM
There are several factors that might cause the Quik for Desktop to crash. Do you have multiple graphics card in your Windows computer? Please follow the steps below in order to resolve the issue in this instance:
- Right click the Quik desktop icon.
- Hover over Run with graphics processor (Note: this option will only be visible if you are using a Windows computer with multiple graphics cards)
- Select Integrated graphics
You may also try these steps in addition to the suggestion above:
- Close Quik for desktop
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key + E
- Click the View tab at the top of this window and make sure the box next to "Show hidden files" is checked
- Navigate to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local and delete the "GoPro" folder
- Restart Quik for desktop and see if the issue persists
Anyhow, you can check this list of editing applications that work well with GoPro files as shared by a Hub member.
There are also some software suggestions in this article that will help.
If you would like product or tutorial videos to better understand these other applications, I recommend searching online video hosting websites (such as Youtube, Vimeo, etc) for published videos or other 3rd party generated content.
Hopefully this helps.