Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Why can't i play the time lapse video on my phone

I just transferred some time lapse videos from my Hero 6 to my android phone (v 7.0 Nougat) but i can't play it.

I have tried to upload it to my social media account but i still couldn't download it. Is there any othe way?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why can't i play the time lapse video on my phone

Hello @nobledive26654

Was the transfer and attempt to play back done through the GoPro App? Do the time lapse videos play on the camera itself or on other devices such as the computer? What about once shared to social media. Additional information will be helpful. Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes i transferred via gopro app and the video plays on both my gopro camera and my computer.

I also have tried to share it on my youtube and it also went well. All except my phone video player.

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @nobledive26654

What video player are you using? 

Have you tried downloading it first and play it using your video player? 

Have you tried playing it as well using the GoPro App? 

If both of them won't work then it might be a compatibility issue. 

We might raise it to your phone manufacturer or you can also give feedback to the developer/maker of your phone.

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @graytree76514
I have downloaded the video via gopro app to my phone. I can play the video in the gopro app, as well as share it to my social media like facebook and youtube.
I only can't play it in my phone video player.
Other videos work well though. Only the time lapse..
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for posting back, @nobledive26654. Based on the information you shared, it is likely that the video player on your phone may have some restrictions or requirements in playing time lapse videos. Which player is it, by the way? Is it an application that you downloaded to your phone? Or something integrated into the phone's OS? You might want to check with the phone manufacturer as well to see if there are specific settings needed. Best regards!