Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Why can’t hero 9 join premium convention center WiFi for live streaming

[ New ]
I bought a premium WiFi at a convention center to live stream volleyball game. GoPro connects to my hotspot without issue but can’t connect to the premium WiFi.. anyone having similar issues
GoPro

Re: Why can’t hero 9 join premium convention center WiFi for live streaming

[ New ]

Hello @gnanaseger68245. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro Quik app installed.

Which platform are you live streaming to? Do you also get an error message when trying to locate or connect to the Wi-Fi network? Please share with us your workflow.

Tourist

[ New ]
My Quik ver is 8.6.1(5223).. live streaming to GoPro Live. I’ve attached the error message.
6882C7DD-7379-445D-9F2A-3E2F61089544.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @gnanaseger68245. Would you know if the SP Premium Wi-Fi network requires acceptance of the terms and conditions agreed prior to connecting with it? This could be why will not work for live streaming through the Quik App. 

Tourist

[ New ]
No, not for this SP Premium WiFi. My iPad connects to this WiFi without a problem. This WiFi did specify that it’s using 5Ghz, so I setup the GoPro connection to 5Ghz
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gnanaseger68245

Were you able to test if the same happens when the camera is set to 2.4GHz?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, I did :-), just to make sure.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @gnanaseger68245. We would like to check if you are still experiencing the live stream issue with the app. If so, try connecting to a different network and see how it goes. If possible, see as well if it matters which encryption type is used for the current network that you are using, and/or if the length of the password has an effect. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!