Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Why can’t I live stream to a Facebook group on iOS?

Trying to go LIVE on a Facebook group, not on my personal page. I keep reading that’s now an option on the iOS app but it only gives me the option of “public” “friends” and “only me” under share to.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why can’t I live stream to a Facebook group on iOS?

@moorespeed, live streaming directly to a Facebook group isn't currently an option. See Getting Started With Live Streaming for other live streaming options.

Anyhow, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Sightseer

its great you know its not an option but how about making it one, would love to be able to live stream just ot a select group i admin but currently no can do. how long till you make it available 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello,

I don't understand your answer.

Here's a cut & paste extracted from the link you provided. (My emphasis)

PRO TIP: This is where you choose to stream on a Facebook profile (Public, Friends, Only Me) or the dropdown menu will feature the Facebook Group(s) or Page(s) that you are an admin of.

According to this, I should be able to stream as I am an admin of the FB page.

Unfortunately, the option isn't featured on the dropdown menu.

I've seen a video on YouTube which showed those other options available so I guess it should be possible.

Thanks for helping.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@fireydive08787, the GoPro App for iOS mobile devices now have the option to Live Stream to a Facebook page that you manage. Be sure to have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your device. 

On the Set Up Live Stream screen, you'll have the option to select your Facebook Page under the "share to" section. 

Live streaming to a Facebook Group should be done through RTMP Link.

If you're using an Android mobile device, several users were able to live stream to a Facebook Page/Group via RTMP Link. Check out this thread for more information about their workflow: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-7-Black-live-stream-to-Facebook-PAGE/td-p/241196/page/2

Highlighted
Sightseer

so why make it a seperate thing to have to do, why cant it simply have a drop down option like sahring to pages?