Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Why can’t I access my own music anymore from the newer version of the Quik app?

[ New ]

I can't access my own music anymore from the Quik app.  The old version on my old iPad still allows me to add my own music via Dropbox or Google Drive.  The new Quik app just says 'no music' and there is no option for adding any.  I've tried everything.

GoPro

Re: Why can’t I access my own music anymore from the newer version of the Quik app?

[ New ]

Hi @swiftridge45600

Can you please try the steps shared on this thread?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Why can’t I access my own music anymore from the newer version of the Quik app?

[ New ]

I tried that too, nothing pops up?  I normally use Spotify, but oddly enough I tried Apple Music again and downloaded a couple playlist and song directly to the device and still nothing.   I even went into the 'files' app on my iPad and found the local files that downloaded from the 'GoPro orginals' music, which are all .m4a files.   Then I added a couple iTunes purchase and regular .mp3 soundtracks to both folders the GroPro Music and the My Music folder and still nothing.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @swiftridge45600

We'll have this checked with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Regards,

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @swiftridge45600
Unfortunately, Quik App doesn't have access to tracks that you save to your device via Spotify or Apple music, same for the files app - it's nothing that Quik can actually "see".

Under « My Music » tab There you will see all songs that are stored locally on your device. It has to be local on your phone so nothing from Apple Music or Spotify will be seen there.
The best way is to prepare a Playlist of your music in iTunes/Music then you plug your phone to your computer and synchronise your phone choosing this playlist so all tracks can be found in your device and can be used to make a Story in Quik App.
Tourist

[ New ]

Not sure if this video is going to upload or if the link is going to work better.  

https://vimeo.com/596925325/81d58617fb

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/596925325?h=81d58617fb" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nevertheless, I simply am just curious how you get 'any' music besides their on the app.  

This is "Quik Problem" by Adam Gross on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

@swiftridge45600 

Yes the old Quik App had access to Cloud services, it's not the case anymore and you can only see files that are locally in your Music app.

Here’s some options on how to get your music to show:

OPTION A: Sync your iPhone/iPad with your computer

Note: Use Finder for macOS Catalina or above / Use iTunes for macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC

• Open a Finder window or iTunes
  • Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable
  • Unlock your device and choose “Trust this computer” if prompted
  • Your device appears in the sidebar of the Finder window / in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window
  • Select “Music” on the Finder sidebar or iTunes top bar
  • Select the checkbox next to each item that you want to sync (entire music library or selected items)
  • You can select Artists, Albums, Playlists, Genres
  • Click the Apply button. If syncing doesn't start automatically, click the Sync button

PRO TIP: you can prepare a Quik App Playlist with music you want to use for your Stories and choose to synchronize this particular playlist. All tracks will be available locally in your phone and Quik can access them.

OPTION B: Sync using Wi-Fi

• Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable
  • Open a Finder window or iTunes
  • Under “Summary” / “Options”
  • Select “Show this [device] when on Wi-Fi." / "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi." 
  • When the computer and the device are on the same Wi-Fi network, the device appears in Finder / iTunes. The device syncs automatically whenever it's plugged in to power

OPTION C: Download a song you bought

• Open the Music app
  • Select a song that you recently bought via iTunes
  • Tap on the … next to the song
  • Choose “Download”
  • The song will be downloaded locally to your device
  • You may have to kill and reopen Quik App for the new song to show, save your project first!