Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Why are stickers not displayed when mounting clips (iOS app) ?

[ New ]

I have added stickers on several clips with IOS app. Now I would like to see these stickers when I launch an automated mounting. but I am then quite disappointed because the stickers are not visible. 

Any idea? Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Why are stickers not displayed when mounting clips (iOS app) ?

[ New ]

Hi @gillesd7230 

For the time being if you save a media with a sticker to the app and then select it to make a multi-clip edit, it will not have the sticker. You have to first SAVE TO PHONE, then import it from there for the sticker to be displayed.

That way the sticker is actually "burnt" onto the video. Otherwise it's just a layer that you can add and remove.

We want to support stickers in the Story mode, it's on our roadmap but it's a long project so it won't be done just yet.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @gillesd7230. Just to check, are you referring to a feature in the GoPro Quik app when you said about the "automated mounting"? Please share with us more details.

To record GPS data, your GoPro camera needs to lock onto a GPS satellite signal. Check out this article for more information.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello @aenriquez ,

thanks for your answer.

Indeed, I am referring to Gopro quik mobile app, on iOS. I have been able add stickers (speed sticker) to a video media in the app. It is cool.

Now, I would like to see this sticker when i use the video media for a larger video, compiling several videos media ("my story" feature, with auotmatic mounting proposed by GoPro Quik). But unfortunately it is not the case. These are the steps I have followed:

-  Add a sticker (eg speed) with at least one clip in your library of clips

- Save the changes to the clip

- play the clip and see that the sticker is well visible

- then use the automatic mounting feature ("my story"), by selected several clips, and among them of course the clip where the sticker has been added

Expected result : in the resulting video, the sticker is visible when the clip excerpt is displayed

Observed result : no sticker at all when the clip excerpt is displayed in the video "my story".

Does it mean that stickers cannot be displayed with "My story" feature? 

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gilles 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gillesd7230 

For the time being if you save a media with a sticker to the app and then select it to make a multi-clip edit, it will not have the sticker. You have to first SAVE TO PHONE, then import it from there for the sticker to be displayed.

That way the sticker is actually "burnt" onto the video. Otherwise it's just a layer that you can add and remove.

We want to support stickers in the Story mode, it's on our roadmap but it's a long project so it won't be done just yet.

Tourist

[ New ]

thanks @haindash for your detailed explanation. And thanks also for the proposed workaround, which is quite well acceptable!

GoPro

[ New ]
My pleasure :) It's nice talking with nice people :) Don't hesitate if you need more help on anything else.