Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Why am I required to log in to use Capture?

It's impossible to install old Capture version to iOS.

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro is saying goodbye to the Karma:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/8/16862680/gopro-drones-business-stopped-layoffs-exit

Hundreds of employees being laid off.

GoPro is in deep financial doo-doo.

It doesn't help that its former LOYAL customers are WISHING financial disaster on them.  All because they FORCED the freakin' stupid log-in requirement in order to try to squeeze some dollars out of LOYAL customers.  They SCREWED those customers and the pipper wants to be paid.

Karma is a bitch.

$1 is STILL overpaid for Nicholas Woodman.

I would have been singing a different tune had GoPro immediately apologized and REVERSED its IDIOTIC decision to FORCE a log-in requirement to use the GoPro app.

Highlighted
Tourist

BTW, GoPro, I purchased  DJI Mavic Pro Platinum last month.  In another universe (a universe where GoPro hadn't become a company that dumps on its loyal customers) I would have considered the Karma.  NO WAY I'm ever giving your company another dime.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Download an older version of the app, block it from updating.

There seems to be an assumption that everyone has mobile data and can just log-in when it is demanded in the middle of nowhere.
It may come as a shock but large areas of the world do not have mobile phone coverage at all let alone mobile internet 3G or better.
It is ridiculous and suspicious to be enforcing logging in just to communicate between (my) camera and (my) phone

Highlighted
Tourist

I was hopping that GoPro would reverse itself on this matter.  after spending $100s on several cameras and accessories I still have issues loggiing into capture.  even when on the internet.  And even in  the US there are plenty of places with no coverage.  and most of them just happen to be in beautiful places Id like to take video of.  My only work around is to not use the Quik program and to pop the chip out of the camera and put it in my laptop and manuall copy files over.

Highlighted
Tourist

It is outrageous to require a login for this type of device.  I just bought a GoPro session, and within 5 minutes of turning it on, I found this thread.  I intend to use this camera in areas without cell service.  I understand it's supposed to stay logged in for 30 days, but as we all know, smartphone apps sometimes have glitches.  And what if I'm off the grid for more than 30 days?  I can't rely on this, so I am seriously considering returning the camera.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @bravesand47383

I am sorry if you feel this way. The current app version allows you to use app offline. 

For additional information please refer to: GoPro App Account Creation Concerns

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Still a load of hogwash from GoPro.  There should not be ANY requirement, whatsoever, for a GoPro owner to create an account to use the app with the GoPro camera.  The camera is a tool and the app is part of that tool.  To try to bamboozle GoPro owners by telling them that the app is "free" is the biggest load of horse manure.  The app is useless without a GoPro camera and, last I checked, GoPro isn't giving away cameras for free.

GoPro's resistance to DOING THE RIGHT THING and giving GoPro owners back the restriction-free app they got when they first purchase their older GoPro camera is going to be the company's undoing.  I'm the guy my friends and familly turn to for tech advice and, trust me, they've all received my two cents about AVOIDING GoPro products at all costs.

Photographers and videographers everywhere are abandoning GoPro.  This "must create a GoPro account" idiocy is proving and will prove to be GoPro's undoing.  And, thanks to GoPro vehmently refusing to give legacy owners back the restriction-free capability they had when they purchased their cameras, I will dance for joy when GoPro closes up for good.