Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Nomad

Re: Why am I required to log in to use Capture?

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting GoPro.

I would truly like to apologize for the delayed response. We’ve been experiencing a higher than normal contact volume lately, and we’re doing our best to answer everyone as quickly as possible. We really appreciate your patience.

We understand your frustration about Capture login. Once you have created a GoPro account, you should be able to login perfectly in Capture. Capture is no different that other applications that require a login.

(The login new, remove it. This is an action camera, not a home security camera)

Regarding your Facebook issue, since your contacting customer support, we don't have any power over social media management. Therefore, we can't provide any feedback about the reason why it happened.

(How do you contact GoPro's Facebook team?)

If any questions arise regarding this issue, do not hesitate on contacting us.
Nomad

Hiker

Of course data is transferred.
Information is $$ to companies.
Tourist

@jefft wrote:

@frank255 - The value to the customer is that it will allow us to understand how our customers use our products and identify any pain points so we can create even better products in the future.

What I think you fail to be grasping is that THIS is one of those pain points.  I had the same issue, with not being able to use the camera in a place with no cellular.  I've bought several of these cameras for my company to use as troubleshooting tools - this is going to make me seriously consider using the Sony alternative.

Anonymous

As much as I appreciate your response. I believe the pain point right now is the login itself.

How am I supposed to use the app when either:

(a) I do not have internet, which many of our GoPro users bought the camera for trekking, wilderness use; or

(b) when I'm in China behind the Great Wall and have no access to your login server.

You are crippling your own device's capability by requiring login before the app can remotely control the camera.

Hiker

Anonymous

This is just insane! GoPro, go hike in nature and clear your minds a bit, ok? Then try using your product and let me know if you find it cool to login at 3350m altitude without service looking at an amazing landscape.

Seriously, I fully understand your "need" for data, I work in a mobile software company, but have you heard for login tokens, device id and other, numerous ways of storing someones id and their actions OFFLINE and then SYNC that data once the user is back online?

If NOT, I will come to your offices and code that myself for FREE!!!! 

It's unbeliavable to me that you are preventing users from using your product?

You have my email, I'm serious about coding this myself if you are so lazy!?

Sightseer

I agree with original post. The idea of requiring a sign in when I don't have an internet connection is absurd. I just had it happen to me today and I signed in less than 2 weeks ago and it required me to log in again and I couldn't. So your theory of just make sure to sign in every 30 days isn't accurate. I understand they want to track usage, but how many people are unable to use the app because they cannot sign in?