Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Why am I required to log in to use Capture?

What if I am in an area with no cell service (like you know, when I use my adventure camera for adventuring). How do I use the app to control the camera then?

Stop with the data mining.

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Why am I required to log in to use Capture?

Looks like things are really bad at Go Pro. Their sales and stock are tanking, the Karma got recalled, the Capture app is causing an uproar within the userbase, and Go Pro doesn't seem to care except to salvage the Karma's failed launch.

Goodbye Go Pro, I shall use your cameras until they break but you shall not see a single cent of my money anymore. I will even stop buying GP accessories. Plenty of alternatives in Amazon.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@frank255 - If you've logged in to the app within the past 30 days, you'll still be logged in even if you're not online.

Nomad

This is not true, I used the App less than a week earlier. I drive up to the Eastern Sierras and prepare to do a sequence and find I have to login again. No cell phone coverage, no camera remote. I bought the GoPro 4 Black for the ability to use the GoPro with my smart phone. Now you changed the experience. I am disgusted!
Hiker

Doesn't answer the question. What VALUE is added to me as a user and customer and how does this IMPROVE my Go Pro experience? It seems that GP lost its orientation. On one hand, the company is trying to streamline the product's appearance but at the same time they are slowly getting difficult to use. Take a page out of the iPhone's interface.

In the meantime, no Hero 5 for me.

GoPro Community Manager

@frank255 - The value to the customer is that it will allow us to understand how our customers use our products and identify any pain points so we can create even better products in the future.

Thanks,

Jeff

Nomad

Is GoPro really so self absorbed to realize the login prohibits customers from using the Capture App off the grid? This isn't a feature request. This is a function and capability we bought into when we purchased the camera. I am not against having a login, but I shouldn't have to remember to login before going on an adventure. It is so absurd! Can you relay this information to GoPro? The company doesn't respond to feedback.
GoPro Community Manager

@jeffreybgeorge - You can still use the Capture app while offline as long as you've logged in or even just used the Capture app at least one time in the last 30 days. 

We have passed along that feedback.

Thanks,

Jeff

Nomad

Thank you.

I have no idea why, but after 6 days, I was logged out a second time. I have the most current App version.

If I login and 28 days pass before I login a second time, do I have to login again in two days or does the clock reset for another 30 days?

I am guessing, the advice we should give users is to logout just before your trip then login again?