Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Why am I required to log in to use Capture?

If you click sign out. And you don’t have WiFi or cell signal. You can’t get back in.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @bradleyc418

Say you are signed out, and there is no Internet connection. When you open up the GoPro App, it should initially give you an option to Sign In. Clicking on the button will bring you to a page with three options - Offline Mode, Create Account and Sign In. You can then choose Offline Mode and proceed with the pairing. I just checked on an iPad and I get these options. How is it on your end? Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I can confirm that with absolutely no internet it does give you the offline option. However I was at a hotel up in NC mountains and they had WiFi. But the connection was so poor I couldn’t complete the login process. The offline option should always be available.
Highlighted
GoPro

@bradleyc418 - Sorry to hear about happened. For future reference, if there is a possibility for the network to be inconsistent, it would be better to go offline mode at once so there will be no need to login or sign in. Thanks!