Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Which Android phones support HEVC playback?

[ New ]

Hi,

I am really frustrated trying to find a specific phone that has HEVC embedded so that I can edit Slow Motion video in the Go Pro app. Does anyonw know a specific model newer phone that supports HEVC as information within GoPro site is old phones and newer. There are so many newer phones the companies themselves don't even know which ones support HEVC,

Cheers for any support you can give,

Nick

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Which Android phones support HEVC playback?

[ New ]

Hello, @nikmate707. You might want to check the compatibility requirements for GoPro App together with the details provided in this article for GoPro App support. These are with the latest information on recommended mobile devices. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @nikmate707. You might want to check the compatibility requirements for GoPro App together with the details provided in this article for GoPro App support. These are with the latest information on recommended mobile devices. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks mariustanya, yeah I have read these articles but they don't help much unfortunately. There are so many new phones I was hoping someone could tell me which Android phones exactly can support HEVC. Do you have a phone that supports it?

Cheers,

Nick
GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the feedback, @nikmate707. We have shared this with the App team. To date, we can add iPhone 11, iPhone 11Pro + their Max counterpart, and iPhone SE 2020 to the list. We are still waiting for more information on the latest inclusions and our team is working on getting the article updated as well. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, that's brilliant. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully your team will be able to share some Android phones that don't cost a fortune. Looking forward to the updated lists,

Kind regards,

Nick