Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Where is the Gopro Max app gallery stored? On the phone, in the cloud or in the camera?

I get that I have to save the max footage to the app but is is then local on my phone (with limited discspace) or in the cloud or on the max memorycard. And when I render my clip. Same question: is it on my phone in the app or the camera or the cloud?

Otherwise I think I have all the features dialed and enjoy my Max a bunch.

/Törna

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Where is the Gopro Max app gallery stored? On the phone, in the cloud or in the camera?

Hello, @goprotorna. When you import the MAX media to the GoPro App, they remain in the app unless you save them to your phone's local gallery/photo app as well. When you edit/render, the edited file also stays in the app unless you manually save it to the phone. Here is how it is done. 

The media is automatically saved to the PLUS cloud if you are logged in to the app through your PLUS email and you have the Mobile Upload feature enabled. To verify the status of this feature on the app, go to Settings, then My Account, then Mobile Upload. This should be in Blue. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Where is the Gopro Max app gallery stored? On the phone, in the cloud or in the camera?

Thank you @mariustanya, for a quick answer.

So when you say it is stored in the app you mean outside my device (ie. my iPhone) and do not take up space on my phone´s limited harddrive. The reason why I ask is that I got a warning message that my storage on my iPhone was reaching it´s limit and of course they want me to buy iCloud storage :) 

But your answer is that the footage will not be copied to my phone unless I copy (share) to my phone picture folder.

That´s great. Then I do not need to worry about filling up my phone until I am ready to share it to my phone. However everything I post to instagram make a copy into my photos reel in my phone. I can probably change in settings but that´s OK. I was just worried to max out my phone while editing and positionings in the app.

thank you,

Peter

IMG_2974.PNG