Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Where is the GoPro App? It is not on G-Play as of 1-18-2021

[ New ]

I'm completely new to GoPro and just bought a 9 Black and a bunch of extras.

I have tried to locate the GoPro App but it is not on Google Play.

I downloaded Quick, but I don't want to create a video, especially not on my phone, I want to update the camera to see if that will fix the glitches.

My phone and camera aren't conmnecting either yet...

Hoever, after reading some of the lousy experiences some have had after updating, I'm not sure I want to do that yet.

My laptop now has Quick on it (what a pain to find that download!) but the computer and camera are not talking.

My computer doesn't show the camera is connected and the camera doesn't do anything except say "USB CONNECTED".

I was able to use a card reader to download some trial video and images.

Is "Quick" the new "GoPro APP" or is the app not available at the moment?

Does anyone connected with GoPro read this?

Or are we just supposed to help each other stumble around in the dark?

Any help is appreciated,

James in Alaska

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Where is the GoPro App? It is not on G-Play as of 1-18-2021

[ New ]

Hi,

This is the link to the app - GoPro App includes Quik. With this app you can both connect to your camera and do video/photo editing as well as Story editing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gopro.smarty

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]
FYI: GoPro App works on Android devices running Android 8.0 or later
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, I am using Android 10.

But my question is still "Where is the GoPro App"?

All I see on Google Play is "Quick" and I installed it on my phone and laptop but I don't see any information on updating my camera to the latest version on Quick, only that I can start making videos.

Tourist

[ New ]
I had the "GoPro App" installed on my phone, at some point it updated and became "GoPro: Quik Video + Photo Editor". Protune settings have been removed from the app, I guess to force us to buy the remote. Now I wish I'd gone for an inst360 instead, they seem to look after their customers way better.
Tourist

[ New ]

Ah! Thanks. It would be nice if GoPro would make it obvious that the "App" is now Quick.

Reading the response from GoPro that they removed ProTune from the App sounds like a lot of users are not happy with that.

Since I am new to GoPro I have never seen their App so I don't know what it used to do.

Quick doesn't seem to be anything but an editor?

I set up my camera by watchin several YouTube videos by pro photographers who use the 9 Black for action video.

I followed their suggestions when using ProTune in the camera "Preferences" settings and created my own setting too.

I m still working on getting my phone and laptop to talk to the camera.

It isn't "plug & play" like we all want but there are a lot of different work arounds GoPro reccomends trying.

I had to load a program to get Android 10 to read the video files when I put the card in a card reader on my laptop so I can see the videos and pictures now.

I will use the video editor I have been learning before I try to use Quick.

Tourist

[ New ]
All the videos on my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/c/AndrewRandall were just edited in the GoPro mobile app. Direct upload to YouTube from the gopro app doesn't work for me, I save to the phone first then upload from the phone in the YouTube app.
Tourist

[ New ]
Looks great!