Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Where is Protune?

[ New ]

What the hell people?  I go to use the GoPro app and Protune is gone?  BRING IT BACK!  I own five GoPro cameras, and can no longer adjust them using ProTune.  This is unbelievable.  

What is my solution?  After spending money on your products, you are just going to take functionality away and alienate a loyal customer?

So pissed.

GoPro

Re: Where is Protune?

[ New ]

@elcorboloco, apologies for the inconvenience. Protune and camera beep settings can still be controlled on the camera. If you are looking for other ways to change these settings, visit The Inside Line at https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-app-protune-feature-updates for recommended tips and tricks.

Tourist

[ New ]

First of all ...I appreciate a response.  Thank You

Sadly, I have four Session 5 Cameras, and there is no "back panel"....the app and Protune were all I had and were crucial to my workflow.  You basically threw away working, valuable features.

Bring it back, please.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm also hesitant to install the Labs firmware, becuase I can no longer trust you guys....how am I to be sure that doing this will not further cripple my workflow...because you've done something else underhanded with that software....

Tourist

[ New ]

@elcorboloco- don't hold your breath waiting for a useful response from GoPro.

The best solution I have found for this problem is to sideload an old version of the GoPro app on an Android phone. Look for the Version 7.3.1 APK on Softpedia . You need to install it manually, rather than go through Play Store.

I now use a spare cheap Nokia Android phone as a dedicated GoPro 'remote' via this app version.

Tourist

[ New ]

@kellylaundromat Agreed, and I like the idea of the the dedicated remote phone.  For now, I purchased the 3rd party app for the iPhone that recreates the SmartRemote capability.  $10 and so far so good!

Nomad

[ New ]

@kellylaundromatI purchased the 3rd party app for the iPhone that recreates the SmartRemote capability.  $10 and so far so good!

I'd rather trash my GoPro than giving GoPro any more money, I will not pay for their poor app. Can you tell me the name of the app you're using? I'm happy to pay a third party app double the amount GoPro wants to charge for their app. Luckily I have an iphone 6 with the older app where I can still control protune.

I'm sure they took away Protune now to bring it back in a month as PAID subscription.

GoPro, you're scraping the barrel, every day you're closer to end of business.

Tourist

[ New ]

@davidea2p Multi Camera Control for GoPro by Harald Meyer

Also BLE Remote for GoPro

I experienced unreliable Bluetooth device detection with BLE Remote though - needed to turn BT off and on again to reset it frequently. Your mileage may vary.

Tourist

[ New ]

I think this is due to the legal dispute like live preview on the hero 9.

I don't think even gopro's design/business department could dream this one up otherwise.

Tourist

[ New ]
Could you elaborate because I would love to not utterly hate this company after giving them so much of my money. But currently I do.
Tourist

[ New ]
Obviously they don’t care about their customers at all. I will never give them another cent of my money and I will tell everyone I know with the most passion I have how horrible of a company they are and how they make sub par prosecutes that work 75% of the time and they take away features that make their products useless because all they care about is money. I tried to leave them a review on the App Store and for some reason it wouldn’t let me. Seems fishy that their useless app has 4.8 stars.
4E76E272-5A94-4BD5-895F-A0EA14A61603.png
Tourist

[ New ]

morgank42153 Legal Disupute?  DO you have a quick link? If not I can google.  LMK