Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Where is GPS counter in the Android app?

[ New ]
Hello, I can't find no more the GPS overlay in the android app, where it can be found? In the past release it was there, now disappeared
Thanks
GoPro

Re: Where is GPS counter in the Android app?

[ New ]

Hello @nightfuel. Once you have saved the media to the GoPro App, tap on the pencil icon while in view mode. Then, scroll to the stickers icon. See the guide below:

Tap to place them:
1 tap it places the sticker in the top left corner.
2 Taps > top right corner
3 Taps > bottom right corner
4 Taps > bottom left corner
5 Taps > remove the sticker.

Tourist

[ New ]
Now that sticker is useless.
Before, we can check in preview which was the speed and then later save only the needed part in the phone.
As per now, we need to save 1h of video to the phone first (it takes forever) to see the GPS data...
Why this change?
Thanks
Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya I have also tried an old version of the app and it doesn't seem to work anymore as before. Why did you change that feature in the app? How can I revert back to the old functions that were so smooth on a mobile device edit?
Thanks
Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya can we know who's the genius developer that made this possible? Can you please revert back to the old features? Please answer and don't hide behind a finger - thanks
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @nightfuel. A new version of the GoPro App has been released recently. Bugs and improvements are listed at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-App-Release-Notes/ta-p/431100 . Let us know if you still observe the issue after updating to the latest version. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya unfortunately no improvement on the speed tacho...you have to download the entire video to the phone (1hour+operation and countless space) to visualise the speed you are going to. Before, you can have it on the screen on the preview already, so I (interested in the speed sections of my run to edit the video) could download only the useful part and put it online in 5 minutes. Thanks however for your interest, I suppose the limitations are with the team of developers that don't use the speed ability of the cam and don't develope that feature, that once was there
Tourist

[ New ]
I would add that GPS features are what put amongst GoPro and it's competitors, because nowadays there are several cheaper cameras on the market whos video features are comparable to GoPro's one. You should put more effort about that in my opinion
Hope something (or somebody) will change in the next future