Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Where goes the uploaded stories ?

[ New ]

Hello. I cant find a way to send a video to my friend. I got a footage from my Hero 6 black but when I try to share it, I wait 3hours with phone display on to be save and then I cant share it.  I cant even find where it is uploaded. :(

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Where goes the uploaded stories ?

[ New ]

Hello, @power4gear. Please consider that the Cloud only recognizes media from the camera (original captures) and stories created through the GoPro app. This could be why the edited video that you have cannot be accessed. 

You can share the video directly from the Cloud to your friend. While on your computer, log in to your account through plus.gopro.com. Once there, select the file and share it according to options. This way, the video is kept as a single file. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

F017718E-909F-4C2C-B313-415F36BC43D7.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @power4gear. We just did a test and we were able to share a media in a few minutes' time. When you select a media so that it opens in the main screen, and you tap on the Share icon, you should be provided three options for sharing - To Facebook, To YouTube, or through a Link. Which one have you tested, so far? 

You should be able to send a link of the media to your friend without saving or downloading it. Please check again and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Ok, I think I manage to share it but here is my problem in details:

1. I made a 16 minutes videos riding my bike

2. I tried to send it to my iphone but it tooks so much time and cancel it

3. I did a transfer gopro -> computer -> goprocloud -> iphone download

4. Did that faster but there were 4 videos instead of 1 :(

5. I edit them in one video

6. Now I have a 16 minutes video on my phone that I want to share

7. I saved it (~2h)

8. Uploaded it to youtube (took me some time to keep my phone display on because if the screen goes black it restart uploading (not GoPro fault) but the quality was really bad)

9. I went to gopro cloud upload again.

10. After many hours savng/uploading I couldnt upload it.

11. I went to "browser uploading" which looks like the best solution for all cases.

12. After 15 minutes it was done but failed :D

13. On the second try it was completed but still cant watch it. Will update you tomorrow.

And my questions is: Am I retarded or your product really sucks? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @power4gear. Please consider that the Cloud only recognizes media from the camera (original captures) and stories created through the GoPro app. This could be why the edited video that you have cannot be accessed. 

You can share the video directly from the Cloud to your friend. While on your computer, log in to your account through plus.gopro.com. Once there, select the file and share it according to options. This way, the video is kept as a single file.