Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Where are my Photos on my Android Phone ?

[ New ]

Yeah, its a pain, and as someone else said, must have been designed by someone from apple.

Not only have you got to download the pix to your phone using the app, you then also have to share them to your phone as well.

Then, when you plug your android into your laptop, they are in Pictures/Gopro export (not in DCIM or Camera)

I still can't get the app to recognise the fact that there are any pictures on my Gopro at all . . . . .  

Tourist

[ New ]
This must be the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY on earth would you want to change this. I have been looking for my files endlessly, its a complete mess. Media files sent to phone must be visible in every single gallery, nt just the GoPro app.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Great, so my cool expensive GoPro camera won't show up in Windows when I connect it using a USB. Neat. No option to download over Wifi on PC, but never mind, I'll just use the long route and go through the Android app.

It's simple, I will just download the pictures to my Android phone and then connect the phone using a USB cable and transfer images. 

PLOT TWIST: the images are first downloaded to a propriatery hidden GoPro database on the phone, so I actually need 64GB of free flash space in order to download 32GB of images to the phone.

Thanks, GoPro, you have won the Internets.

Tourist

[ New ]

This system of having to download the media from the camera, to your phone, then you have to download the media from your phone.... TO YOUR PHONE in order to then copy it to your laptop/PC. It takes a thousand years to do that process multiple times.

This is ridiculous.

Hiker

[ New ]

yup, just so you are more inclined to tke out their cloud based storage

Tourist

[ New ]
It seems to save my content to the cloud. Then I log in online and downloaded it straight to my computer to my desired destination. I have to do this it can't recognize the gopro on my laptop. Maybe a sd card problem but I don't have the adapter anymore. I just upgraded to better specs so some luxury has been removed :(
Sightseer

[ New ]
Yep, I agree with everyone complaining, including Software Engineer, that this is stupid. Yes, I did figure out that you download your files to the app, then "save" them to your phone a second time. What a waste of time! There is a setting that automatically uploads the files to your cloud, but how about a setting that automatically downloads my files to where I want them, say my SD card.