Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

When will GoPro IOS app support the following:

[ New ]

1. Letting people use a card reader to connect to an IOS device to offload the .360 GoPro Max footage from "Files" app to the GoPro Application?

2. Remove the file limit upload restriction from 90 secs to unlimited because you are allowed to upload more than 90 seconds to YouTube and other websites.

3. Allow direct access to footage through the "Files" app in IOS in the GoPro App folder.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: When will GoPro IOS app support the following:

[ New ]

Hello @edwinl5666. You can share your 360 videos from the GoPro app directly, but different social platforms will have different length limitations for your videos. That’s because 360 video sharing is a resource-intensive activity. It not only demands a lot from your mobile device but also from the platform to which you are sharing, so either the platform or the operating system limits the length at which 360 videos can be shared via the GoPro app.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the suggestions, @edwinl5666. We will pass them along to the team. On the second point though, where do you observe the 90-second limit? If referring to multi-clip edits you should be able to upload videos longer than 90 seconds. 

Tourist

[ New ]

This is what i got when i tried to share through the GoPro app for a 5 minute 360 video.

0F9C740D-FE85-455C-87DE-C2F0E2F7B504.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @edwinl5666. You can share your 360 videos from the GoPro app directly, but different social platforms will have different length limitations for your videos. That’s because 360 video sharing is a resource-intensive activity. It not only demands a lot from your mobile device but also from the platform to which you are sharing, so either the platform or the operating system limits the length at which 360 videos can be shared via the GoPro app.

Tourist

[ New ]

I understand it seems to be the limitation of the GoPro app, since I've tried to upload through the Safari Web browser on my iPad Pro for a .360 video that is 3-4 minutes long.