Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

What the hack happened to gopro?

[ New ]

I had Gopro cameras for years starting with the first one, to the 4th, 5th, 6th, and now the 9th version...with a pretty bad touch screen, connection to the phone app that takes 17 tries everytime beore it is able to connect if at all, and a mic adapter that does not work even after the firmware update, and not to mention continues sd card failurs and errors (with a card that I got from gopro).

As much as it pains me to say this (as I always was a gopro fan), the Hero 9 Black is the last gopro I will ever own as I will not be able to bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on another gopro that perform worst than some of the Chinese knockoff.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: What the hack happened to gopro?

[ New ]

We appreciate the update, @peppyjump888. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can help with the next steps. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Once connected, you can direct the team to this thread for reference on what you have already tried out in terms of troubleshooting. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the camera, @peppyjump888. Which firmware version is it on? If the update was not done manually, we recommend doing so. The manual update will help clear any possible error with the current installation. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Android connectivity is sometimes quite tricky depending on the devices I have a Note 10, it usually works fine but at times it just doesn't want to connect and it needs a little reset... sorry about that

For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Firstly the phone:
- Restart the phone
- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache
- Kill the app and relaunch

Lastly the camera:
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app
- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

The FW 1.52 brought several improvements for the camera, maybe try the manual install, in case it didn't go well on the first go.
A small reset sometimes is all it takes.

Also, note that a major app update is coming up, very, very soon!
Tourist

[ New ]

I did the manual upgrade, and now the mic adapter works fine...but today I got the media mod, and again it's plaged with issues.

I have the media mod with a RODE mini, and it's a crap shoot if the camera will work at any given time. I am playing with it for about 30 minutes so far, and it froze 4 times...what do I do now? (and a minute ago I got another SD card error)

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the update, @peppyjump888. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can help with the next steps. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Once connected, you can direct the team to this thread for reference on what you have already tried out in terms of troubleshooting. Thanks!