Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

What is World Lock in the 1/29/2020 version 6.5 update of the iOS app?

[ New ]
I found this in the latest app release notes:

Lock in your world.
Use World Lock to set the orientation of your 360 videos, minimize rotation, and keep your key players in sight—even as they run all over the place.

What is this? Will it allow me to have an exported video to follow a person skateboarding around the camera (for example) without needing multiple key frames and resulting in a smoother video as the person position would persist?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: What is World Lock in the 1/29/2020 version 6.5 update of the iOS app?

[ New ]
Some more details I can share with you:

Deactivated World Lock - framing will follow the orientation of the camera (if you rotated the camera while capturing, the framing will rotate too)

Activated World Lock - framing be locked to the real world (if you aim at a target in the horizon, this target will never move during the reframing)

Horizon levelling is just to keep the horizon levelled or not

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @amnong

One user shared this video regarding World Lock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNLHAEef2J8

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks. Is that only in GoPro mode? I don’t think it makes sense in 360 mode.
GoPro

[ New ]

@amnong, the World Lock applies to spherical footage and helps minimize the rotation in the clip.

GoPro

[ New ]
Some more details I can share with you:

Deactivated World Lock - framing will follow the orientation of the camera (if you rotated the camera while capturing, the framing will rotate too)

Activated World Lock - framing be locked to the real world (if you aim at a target in the horizon, this target will never move during the reframing)

Horizon levelling is just to keep the horizon levelled or not