Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

What do different icons mean in "auto" highlight? Also a feature request

[ New ]

So in the GoPro App, there are several icons that are shown on the video timeline when you go to Trim>auto.

I searched the web but I couldn't find a complete guide on them.

I know a "face" icon means the software has detected a face, a "sound" icon means detected speech. But there are other icons that I don't know what they are (like 2 opposite arrows).

And the feature request: Right now, we can either use the "auto" trim, or select "HiLights" and add manual HiLights.

1. I wish we had more control over the "auto" option, so that we could select which features we want it to detect. For example, I may want the "face" highlights but not the "sound" highlights. In a hiking/biking footage, it easily detects the face of a stranger passing by, and ruin the otherwise great auto-created scenery video! So if I had that option, I could easily just turn off the "face" HiLights, instead of having to go to full manual mode and add every HiLight from scratch on a >1hr video. If the "auto" HiLight detection feature would pass on the detected HiLights to the HiLight tool, it could solve this problem.

2. It would also be great if we could manually edit the "auto" highlighted version, instead of having to move into full manual mode. For example, I'm mostly happy with the "Auto" highlights, but sometimes I may just want to add a manual highlight to them, or just remove one of the auto-created highlights (like removing a particular instance of "face" HiLights, instead of turning off the whole "face" detection). Right now, We don't have that option and instead, we have to go to the manual mode and add every highlight from scratch. For example, we are happy with the auto version from a 2-hr video with 30 HiLights, but only because we want to add ONE HiLights, we have to disregard the auto version and go to manual mode and find and add HiLight to all of those 30+1 instances.

I hope we see these changes (which are small but add a great value) in the next updates!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: What do different icons mean in "auto" highlight? Also a feature request

[ New ]

Thank you for these inputs, @vahidfm. This is interesting. We appreciate the feedback as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: What do different icons mean in "auto" highlight? Also a feature request

[ New ]

Thank you for these inputs, @vahidfm. This is interesting. We appreciate the feedback as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!