Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Was recording all day but can’t find it.

[ New ]
Went fishing all day today and was recording some of it through out the day. I pressed the top button to start recording and saw the red light flashing. I would periodically look up to make sure the recording light was still blinking. Now when I connect to it and look at the media through the app, NOTHING from today was recorded. Will it possibly show up when I put the SD card in my computer?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Was recording all day but can’t find it.

[ New ]

Hi @swiftridge6602

Try to view the files using an SD adapter through a computer.

If you have an SD adapter for your MicroSD card, you can insert the MicroSD card into the adapter and insert the adapter into your computer.  

• Press Windows Key+E to open File Explorer. Your SD card will be on the left sidebar under the "This PC" section.
  • Double-click on your SD card, and you should see two folders: DCIM and MISC.  
  • Now double-click on the DCIM folder.  In that, you'll see a folder named 100GOPRO.  (Note - if you took more than 9999 pictures or videos, you'll see 101GOPRO, 102GOPRO, 103GOPRO, etc. folders).
  • From there you can drag & drop the files from your SD card to your computer.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Was recording all day but can’t find it.

[ New ]

Hi @swiftridge6602

Try to view the files using an SD adapter through a computer.

If you have an SD adapter for your MicroSD card, you can insert the MicroSD card into the adapter and insert the adapter into your computer.  

• Press Windows Key+E to open File Explorer. Your SD card will be on the left sidebar under the "This PC" section.
  • Double-click on your SD card, and you should see two folders: DCIM and MISC.  
  • Now double-click on the DCIM folder.  In that, you'll see a folder named 100GOPRO.  (Note - if you took more than 9999 pictures or videos, you'll see 101GOPRO, 102GOPRO, 103GOPRO, etc. folders).
  • From there you can drag & drop the files from your SD card to your computer.

Thanks!

Ej