Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE PROTUNE?!?

[ New ]

bad move. bring back the protune features.

this will only lead to 1 star reviews and overall bad reputation

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for your reply, but your response is a cop out and is even more tone-deaf than I had anticipated. Look at what I wrote.
I DON’T NEED NEW FEATURES WHEN YOU ARE TAKING AWAY THE MOST ESSENTIAL FEATURE OF YOUR CAMERAS.

I NEED the ability to change settings from the app. I DON’T NEED the remote, or any other backwards way of changing settings.
Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya Please can you explain whether this is a permanent change or a temporary bug which will be fixed? I have several GoPros and am subscribed to the GoPro premium service. If this change is not going to be fixed I will need to sell all my equipment and cancel my subscription so I need some clarity on this as right now your equipment is making my job much harder than it needs to be. 

Hiker

[ New ]
The new update is absolutely horrible, why would you take away the ability to change the protune settings from the app! You also removed in the update prior to this one the ability to find new media as soon as the app connects to the camera. GoPro really needs to bring these features back, it was a pretty good app prior to these ridiculous updates!!!!
Tourist

[ New ]

Why it was need to remove protune? Anybody can explain? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Well this pretty much bricks my GoPros. Given the down turn in customer support, order fulfillment and lack of understanding their own user community, GoPro over the last 2 months have damaged their image and reputation. I doubt that GoPro will survive this latest debacle. I imagine that I'm not the only one looking at a replacement solution. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya Your lack of willingness to answer the question as to whether this is a bug or not tells me everything I need to know.

If this was a bug you would have come straight out and said "we're really sorry, this is a bug, don't worry we're working on it" and everyone would be happy. 

But the fact that you're not answering the question at all tells me it is a deliberate change, and not just that, but a deliberate change you're wavering about. Otherwise you'd have come back and said "it's a change we've made deliberately and here's why it's going to be awesome."

But because you've said nothing at all, it tells me it's either

1. a change you're embarrassed about (you should be).
  2. a change you're testing the water with (I hope you got the response you were looking for)
  3. a change you're making and hope people get cross about and just accept in the long run (you're out of luck if so)
  4. a change that you're regretting and are now desperately trying to find a way to back away from without loosing face

I don't know which it is, but I hope for pity's sake you do something about it ASAP. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Totally unacceptable. Worst thing is, I didn't even realize the Protune controls had been removed until I was in the middle of an important shoot, with the camera mounted, and then realized that I needed to adjust the aperture. I got twenty minutes of underexposed video, because I couldn't get at the camera to touch the tiny screen in the back to make the adjustments. Taking away access to essential camera control settings in an app is absolutely nuts. I've been a loyal customer since the Hero 1. I've owned 6 diferent GoPros over the years, but this whole thing is making me rethink my commitment to the brand. If it's true that this is all about getting to people to buy a remote, (yet andother electronic device to keep track of) - count me out. Also GoPro, how about a heads up the next time you take away such functionality in the application? I could have saved that video I shot if I was made aware on the front end so I could have mad the adjustments within the app.