Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE PROTUNE?!?

[ New ]

Removing ProTune is an insult to every one of your users. Why would you do this? Your arrogance is absolutely shocking. 

Then you tell me to buy the remote? or use the GoPro Labs firmware with QR Codes? Do you understand how cameras work? Do you understand that the Hero 9 screen is crap and doesn't recognize finger presses?

GET A GRIP! UNDERSTAND YOUR CUSTOMERS! LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

GoPro

Re: WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE PROTUNE?!?

[ New ]

Hello, @eugened6038. The ability to change Protune settings and camera beep volume is no longer on the GoPro app. Protune and camera beep settings can still be controlled on the camera. If you are looking for other ways to change these settings, visit The Inside Line https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-app-protune-feature-updates for recommended tips and tricks. We are also continuing to develop new features and ways of accessing existing camera settings to be most useful to GoPro users. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya.... ähh... and why is it so ?

Was it intentionally removed ? and what for a reason ??

will it reappear in the next fix ... or is this another gone feature ?

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya You did not answer the question, which was: WHY was it removed?

It seems insane.  So many people have cameras in mounts that obscure the back screen, and I like many own a GoPro Session, which has no screen at all!   Are you trying to force people to buy the Smart remote, or what possible justification could there be?

If you have ever used a camera, you know that setting the shutter speed is trial and error.  What used to be a 10 second job (open the app, try a few shutter speeds until you get one that works while looking at the preview, has turned into a HUGE job.

We want an answer - you're essentially bricking my GoPro sessions.   

Tourist

[ New ]

I am astonished by GoPro's arrogance and distain for their users. To remove the ability to change settings from the app, just to try to make people buy some half baked remote control is mind numbingly stupid. Why on earth would you deliberately make the users experience of your product worse on purpose? I am lost for words.

GoPro, due to your incompetent communication you fortunately still have "an out" here. Put the settings back, put out a statement saying "sorry it was just a bug" and go back to working on features people actually want. 

Hiker

[ New ]

The crazy thing is that they did this a few years ago too - they removed protune from the app, and people lost their minds.  With the next update, they put it back in.

Do they not think that there are no people who use a GoPro and don't have easy access to the back screen (and did they forget about the Session??):

-The entire FPV drone world, or in any mount that obscures the rear screen

-Use in awaterproof case

-On the outside of a car

-On a helmet

-VLOGGING (becasue there is no front facing screen on GoPros other than the 9, and it's terrible

Hiker

[ New ]

Every single competitor to GoPro has the equivalent of ProTune in their app - even the cheap knockoff $100 cameras.

Think about that, GoPro.

You would not beleive how many comments on social media I've saeen that say something like:

"This is the nail in the coffin for me" 

"That's it, I'm done supporting GoPro if they won't support me"

"Yet one more reason to buy an INsta One or other camera"

... the comments are endless.  GoPro, are you really that brain dead?   

Sightseer

[ New ]
So GoPro, I always see FPV clips in your promotion videos, now you remove protune in the app, why do you hate FPV?