Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE PROTUNE?!?

[ New ]

I can say that I wil not be supporting GoPro any more.  I have two Gopro Hero 9 and still keep a Hero 4 on a gimbal as well but this removal of the ability to control ProTune in the app is the nail in the coffin.  

I just set up my goPros to capture an epic snow storm using timelapse over two days and went to the app to configure the cameras and found I couldn't as the ProTune options have suddenly disappeared.  Once cameras are positioned and plugged into permanent power it is pretty much impossible to then access their screens so this is majorly annoying.

I had no idea this happened until I found this thread tonight, trying to understand what happened to protune.

😡

Tourist

[ New ]

What the hell is going on @GoPro. Now how can we setup the GoPro Session 5 without the Protune?!

Really, you change things without asking to the customers, sounds like you're pushing us to buy the most recent version even if our current version still works and suits for us.

When we bought the GoPro 5 Session we were supposed to control everything with our Phone including the settings. Today you removed features that are required to setup our camera and make it works properly. This unacceptable. You're forcing us to buy a new camera that we don't even need...

I'll never buy another GoPro camera...

Sightseer

[ New ]

Please put this feature back in, after you mount the camera to a helmet how are you supposed to navigate the menu, the app is mostly useless to me except for the feature you removed.  I record for hours, I don't need/want your app to edit/upload my footage for me.  Stop removing useful features.

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]
Count me as outraged! And to discover it’s missing when I’m trying to set up a 3 camera shoot under deadline. The last thing I needed was to discover a key camera function was now missing from the app. Trying to control it from the remote is a joke. The remote is so useless that I never use it but when I saw that was now the preferred way to control Protunes, I dug it out, paired it with my cameras and confirmed that it’s worthless. PLEASE RETURN THIS FUNCTIONALITY TO THE APP.
Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the insight.
Tourist

Betreff: WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE PROTUNE?!?

[ New ]
Re: WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE PROTUNE?!?[ New ]

Here are old versions of the gopro app for android

https://gopro-app.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

You'll have to make sure you're Google play settings are not set to auto update, or else it will update to the new version again...

I did this to get the beep option back

Tourist

Betreff: WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE PROTUNE?!?

[ New ]

Alternativ für alle welche die neuste Appversion nutzen wollen wäre die App:

Camera Tools for Hero's 

eine Option. Kostet derzeit im Androidstore 5,99€

YouTube Link zu:

https://youtu.be/pSnDG3CzqyA

GoPro officially removed Protune from their app. Here's how to get those setting back!Want to learn more about how to shoot professional livestream content? ...