Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Videos playing in slow mo

I have the exact same issue.  My video plays normal on the gopro but when I download to the mac they all start and end at normal speed but the middle is slow motion.  Did you find a way to correct this? Thanks

Highlighted
Tourist

Try changing your recording speed setting. I think it is called fps in the settings. You can also edit the video on your iPhone or iPad via the edit button (3 lines with little circles on them). From there you can change the video speed back to normal through the video. Those both worked for me.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having the same problem. Can't seem to change this on the camera without loosing quality. Having spent a lot of money on this device , why can't they sort this for all devices
Highlighted
Sightseer

I fixed it when I downloaded it to my ipad and went to the setting and editied the video. There a speed meter with a bunch of small sticks. move it so they all look the same . 

should work for you.

Highlighted
Sightseer

maybe you are shooting at a lower fps like 60

Highlighted
Sightseer

I’m having this problem all my videos I took play normal on my go pro hero 6 but downloaded it starts to go in slow mo please help
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi. I,ve had the same issue as well. I’ve loaded 1080p 120fps on my IPad Pro. The video plays normal at the start then slows down, then picks back up to normal speed at the end of the clip.

Though I don’t know how the issue comes about I have stumbled upon the fix.

1. Go to the Photos app on your Ipad

2. Find the video with the issue and select

3. Press Edit on the top right hand of the page

4. Locate the timeline at the bottom of the video...it kind of looks like this

sample: lllllll l l l l l l l l l l l l l  l lllllllll

5. Simply slide your finger from left to right until the bars are all evenly spaced. I.e. liked this: lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll|lllllllllllll

Hope this helps. If anyone knows the root cause please let me know.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello guys I am trying to edit my video and everytime I put it on any video editing application, it plays in slow motion.. Any idea???? Even sometimes if I play it through normal video apps it does the same