Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Videos on cloud lose frames??!!

I saved a GoPro hero 7 black video 1080/120fps on my iPhone, uploaded to cloud then downloaded from cloud to my iPad, only to get a 60fps video instead of the original 120fps??! how do I keep the frame rate? I thought GoPro plus promised to keep full files on cloud 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Videos on cloud lose frames??!!

Hi @toughcreek27878

Yes, videos and photos are stored at original resolution. Videos are saved both with a full resolution copy and a 1080 low-resolution copy. In order to download the full resolution copy, the download must be done directly from the GoPro.com Media Gallery. When selecting to download from the Media Gallery you will see an option to download either the original or compressed copy. 

However please note that when streaming from the cloud or downloading via GoPro App/Quik for Desktop, the 1080p copy will be downloaded.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Videos on cloud lose frames??!!

Hi @toughcreek27878

Yes, videos and photos are stored at original resolution. Videos are saved both with a full resolution copy and a 1080 low-resolution copy. In order to download the full resolution copy, the download must be done directly from the GoPro.com Media Gallery. When selecting to download from the Media Gallery you will see an option to download either the original or compressed copy. 

However please note that when streaming from the cloud or downloading via GoPro App/Quik for Desktop, the 1080p copy will be downloaded.

Thanks!
Ej