Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Videos created in app won’t upload to GoPro plus cloud

[ New ]

When I create videos in the app, they don’t upload to the GoPro plus cloud, how can I do this? Footage directly on the camera uploads fine, but nothing I create in the app, uploads ??

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Videos created in app won’t upload to GoPro plus cloud

[ New ]

@rhodrig4 - They should upload, but if they're not, you could try transferring the saved video over to your computer and then do a manual upload to your Media account at GoPro.com.

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks. Is it supposed to load media that you create with the software app to the cloud ? Just seems strange that anything created on the app doesn’t load To the cloud but video footage as shot on the camera ( ie unedited) does load to the cloud
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

GoPro files (original files created by the camera) are loaded automatically, but edits aren't designed to upload other than some done in the app itself.

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks , yes that’s what I suspected, ALL the videos I’ve edited in the app will not load to the cloud. I just can’t see the point in GoPro plus at all now.
Hiker

[ New ]

I have the same problem. Some of my stories created in the app have saved in GoPro cloud and others have not. Surely there is some answer to this?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dudders. How do you upload your media to the PLUS cloud? Which of these methods are you using? Are only stories or edits done in the GoPro App the media affected? How about regular videos (unedited, raw files) that were recorded from the camera? Are they being uploaded to PLUS?  See if the videos may have been dated incorrectly and may have been located under a different timeline in the app. Also, see if logging out and back in your account will make a difference. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes I could do that but what’s the point in paying for a service that doesn’t work as it should /? As I see go pro plus is pretty much useless